Bringing new concepts, your ideas to reality is challenging. We see this in the recurring push of organizations focused on digital transformation for more than 15 years. The success rate and the ability to realize the desired results continue to have a greater than 70% failure rate.
Losing momentum? Look at your concept to reality endeavors and determine if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms.
- Lack or loss of focus by leadership
- Leadership transition; The original sponsor has moved on
- Lack of clear communication and understanding
- Resistance to change
- No perceptible incremental wins to show progress
- Corporate culture not ready to adopt the new solution
- Business process transformation is not in sync with the technology rollout
- Change in visionary direction
- Lack of middle management momentum and clear expectations
- Change delegated to change management structure which is placed under a conflict of interest management organization (PMO, HR, etc.)
- Lack of investment and continued support, training, and troubleshooting to ensure that business has successfully adopted the new technology
- Competing political ladder climbers more interested in their personal career goals and recognition than empowering or enabling their team for success
- Inadequate communication due to digital technology dependency
- The hidden costs of change, as-is transforming to-be business process
- My favorite, lack of relationship, i.e. loss or lack of one-to-one interaction
Consider each of these closely. Which of these resonates with you and is materially impacting your business?
Passionate about your success!